Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Getting the anger out through weights

As I have already stated I work at the Y. I am a work out FREAK!! I know that idea make some sick but it has been my thing for 12 + years. It is the way I let it all go. Though I work where I lift it becomes my own world. It is wonderful. Everyone has a vice and this is mine. Every few years I change my regiment completely. Though for all of you who work out know that you should change every 6-8 weeks you also know after 2 or 3 rotations you routine varies little. I just redid my regiment completely. I am in love with what I have changed to. For the last year maybe more I have been on a leg kick with little work on the upper body minus definition. I was all about lower body strength. Now I am on an all over strength kick. I do not want to be cut or defined I want to be strong. I already know as girls go I am pretty fricking strong, but I want more. Here is my current workout... I think it rocks!

Tris, chest and shoulders
  • Kick backs, increasing5lbs per set for three sets 12, 10, 8 reps
  • Pull downs on the cable pull increasing 10lbs per set, 12, 10, 8 reps
  • Skull crushers 25lbs 3 set of 10 reps
  • Shoulder pull ups on cables, increasing 10lbs 3 set 12, 10, 8 reps
  • Cross chest cables one arm at a time, 20lbs 3 sets 12, 10, 8 reps
  • Lat raises 12lbs 3 sets of 10
  • Front raises 12lbs 3 sets of 10
  • Incline flies increasing 5lbs per set 3 sets 12, 10 8 reps
  • Dumbbell chest press increasing 5lbs per set 3 sets 12, 10 8 reps
  • 24lb weight bar squats 20 reps 3 sets
  • Running on treadmill for 30 min or till fatigue
Back and Bis
  • Hammer curls increasing 5lbs per set 3 sets 12, 10 8 reps
  • Bicep curls on cables increasing 10lbs per set 3 sets 12, 10 8 reps
  • Back extensions on stability ball with 12 lb dumbbell 3 sets of 10
  • Reverse Flies 12lb dumbbells 3 sets of 10
  • Leg raises 3 sets of 20 (I know this is abs but I rarely do abs and it helps for lower back strength)
  • Lat pull downs increasing 5lbs per set 3 sets 12, 10 8 reps
  • 24lb weight bar squats 20 reps 3 sets
  • Running on treadmill for 30 min or Fatigue
Legs ( I know my leg workout is weak but I am recovering from knee injury)
  • Incline squats increasing 10lbs for the first two set 4 sets 12, 12, 10 8 reps
  • Calf raises increasing 10lbs per set 3 sets 12, 10 8 reps
  • Leg curls increasing 10lbs per set 3 sets 12, 10 8 reps
  • Seated leg press increasing 10lbs per set 3 sets 12, 10 8 reps
  • Leg extensions increasing 10lbs per set 3 sets 12, 10 8 reps
  • Running on a treadmill till fatigue, I would never make it 30 min on leg days
This is not the order I go in I do legs twice a week every third day, typically. I have one day typically Mondays I only run because I coach soccer and after dealing with 13 three year olds I am not up to dealing with the 10-15 babies in the free weight room. I tend to bust their ball and they give it right back and after all those kids I just run till fatigue. At this point on Mondays I am dying so I tend to keep it a light day.

As you also see I do low weight squats everyday. I am desperately trying to grow an ass. This is my last attempt so it also effects my leg days as you can imagine.

Workout words I live by:
The world is divided into the have and have nots. The have nots make excuses to skip training - the weather, a flat tire. When they are in the gym, they talk endlessly, take too many trips to the water foutian. They worry about their hair. The have nots train so they can get a piece. The haves? Its all about the iron. They approach lifting like a job. Do it right the first time, don't screw around, and never cut corners.
Time is wasting. Your set is up. Which side are you? This is your choice.

No comments: