Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cream of wheat and the Monster

The first thing I have to say is I hate oatmeal I think it is disgusting. Working out as much as I do requires me to take in a large amount of protein so my muscles rebuild faster. Most people drink protein shakes... they are worse than oatmeal. Others eat a lot of fish and other protein enriched foods such as oatmeal. I just eat a lot. I try to eat as much protein as I can but I stay away from oatmeal... YUCK... I try to eat Cream Of Wheat every morning to compensate some since it is a yummy alternative to the dreaded tasteless oatmeal. When I was settling down with the beloved COW this morning I realized how odd the smell was. Hmmm though the strawberries and cream flavor makes my tummy happy it kind of smells like vomit. I think that is odd, I wont eat oatmeal because it is tasteless and gross but I will devourer at least one bowl of COW a day and it smells like upchuck....

While I was preparing the COW this morning and starting in on my first course of breakfast my yogurt when I realized I understand people who aren't dog people. My monster would not shut up. I looked at him and tried to explain to him that I would feed him in a brief moment. It of course didn't work and I had to stop eating because my DOG wanted to eat. boooo

I have not talk about monster at all so now let me explain my OCD pup. For the past five years I have lived on his schedule because if I do not subside to his ways all hell breaks out. He is 130lbs of neurotic dog, hence monster. The first vet he went to said he may hit 70lbs. HA The man should be shot. See I got monster when he was found in a dumpster at the Y I was working at south of nowhere. He was a little beat up and in a box with 3 other puppies. Yea Yea poor baby, people are aholes, blah blah blah. I was voted to take him because he was in the worse shape and I am the animal freak with a BS in bio so I could nurse him to health and we could find him a home. That was not what monster had in mind. He entwined himself in my life and became my buddy. He is my best friend and I do love him dearly but his OCD ways drive me crazy.

First off he talks. NO, not barks, talks. It is these little yaps that sound like he is trying to construct a sentence and he does it whenever he has something to say. I guess that's what you get for talking to a dog all the time. If it is bed time he talks and his bed time is 10. I do not know where he got 10 but about 3 years ago he decided on it now it is the law according to monster. By 10:30 if we are not in bed, which we never are, he sits in front of the TV talking and bouncing. Now as you can assume seeing past a 130lb dog is impossible. I have learned that if I at least retire to my bedroom by 10:15 I get a leeway of a hour before the lights must be out. For some odd reason we are not in the bedroom by 10:30 all his toys have to come out. Then if that isn't bad enough he jumps onto my mothers bed and rips all the covers off the bed then it becomes a mad dash around the house throwing everything he can find around, yes my dog is throwing a temper tantrum. If I do not have lights out in my room by 11:30 he does this all in my room too. He is so spoiled that he has a huge box of toys in every room. I will be posting more of his issues as time goes on.

Instead of a quote I will leave you all with a pic of the monster him self...
The first one is him playing in the snow and the second one is him in a penguin blanket... yea he lets me make him look like a fool!

No comments: