Monday, November 24, 2008

Habitual goal setting

I have come to the conclusion that I set to many goals for my self and have to start choosing which are important and which can just become hobbies that do not impede my life.

I have just realized that at the ripe old age of 26 I have way more goals than I have time to achieve them, or at least achieving them in my set time frame. One thing I really want to do is write and in order to write well one must write often and though I have been aware of this for years I have yet to follow through on it. Unfortunately writing is one of those aspiration I am not willing to let die which mean it has to become a habit. One of the goals I have to lose is achieving all I can at work. Work is just a job. By no means do I intend to have it become a career and I think I must start repeating that frequently to my self.

I think I am the only person who has this many goal at this young/ old of an age. I am sure most 60 year olds have their days planned to a T and I know that any child you ask will rattle off at least 6 professions they dream of most of them requiring 6+ years of school. How many people in their late 20's have three different career goals requiring three degrees? This is not including the two they already have. I know it is the American dream to have the world and accomplish all you wildest desires but really how much is too much?

No comments: