Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The blame lies where?

Is there anyone out there who takes blame for them selves? Is there anyone who stands up and says I did something wrong? Why is it we are OK with pointing out someones flaws but can never take a step back and look at our actions and see our errors? People learn from mistakes but we can never own them. This trend seems too frequent. At work we have a policy saying "see it own it". I take it in more than the piece of trash on the ground. If I screwed it up I can own up to it. It is just a part of life, failing is a part of human nature.

I am not just talking about in my personal life but I am talking in the world as a whole. Just look at the comments made this past week by Harry Reid. He has yet to own his statement or see the wrong in it. Look at Rev. Al Sharpton at any point. He will call any white person a raciest but then when the finger gets pointed at him he thinks his behavior is acceptable. He is one of the biggest racists ever allowed to speak publicly.

One of my staff members refuses to see anything he does as wrong. He is a typical person any more. He wants the blame to be on someone else. Even me when I have done nothing wrong just because I didn't have an answer when he wanted it??? I just don't get why people can not own up to their own lives???

Quote of the day: If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.
-Mary Pickford

No comments: