Wednesday, January 20, 2010

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”

Today I was sitting on my couch when I received a truly devastating blow, not just to me but to humanity as a whole. A wonderful man died last night. He was still youthful and full of life at just a mere 60 years young. His name was Scott Minor. He was a kind man, one of the kindest I ever had the privilege to know. He is the type of man that mothers, you wish your sons would grow up to be. Women he was the kind of man you hope to marry. Men, he was the type of man you should all strive to be like. Not once have I ever heard him complain or say something offensive to anyone. He was a joy to know and a highlight to my day. He was the type of person who knew your name no matter what. He was interested in your life no matter how inconsequential you were to his. He made you smile just being in his presence. He was on top of all this a wise man. He would never want someone to make the mistakes he did and would approach you in a calm and respectful way.

He will truly be missed and speaking for myself I am a better person just knowing him. My thoughts and prayers go to his friends, family and my heart hurts for his wife and children.

No comments: